Friday, October 28, 2005

Quite possibly, the best feast ever...

While I commented yesterday at length about the Feast of Tabernacles in my live journal blog (and do not wish to type for hours again about it here), I would like to comment that never have I needed a feast more like this one ever. Why is that you might ask?

This feast gave me the chance to do quite a few things that are unusual in my life. For one, I kept busy enough that I did not have the time to complain very much (except about the poor quality of food in Wildwood). That is not to say I could not have complained about things (especially the wind and the water when the Nor'easter hit, something elegantly mentioned in the AW entry about the Feast).

The reason for my bright spirits (no pun intended) during the Feast of Tabernacles this year was twofold, perhaps even threefold. This is true even though I was in rather poor spirits before the feast. The immediate problem of acute loneliness and boredom was dealt with quite excellently during the feast. This was the case because I was able to fellowship with old friends and new friends, something I often lack in my regular life. I don't know why I lack it in my regular life, but for whatever reason it is reather rare for me to actually spend free time around other people, even though I would really love to do so (it seems only a few of my friends in the area have an interest in socializing with me, however). That was not a problem in Wildwood, as I had a standing invitation to the Huttos (thanks you guys, I really appreciated) as well as frequent visits with some other friends of mine like the Jacques (fellow ABC alumni). I was also kept busy by serving, a very handy way to be too busy to complain (I hope this doesn't give any people some ideas)--as I was in the choir, the teen choir, and was an usher as well. One thing I lacked was sleep, and the ability to stay warm and dry outside. Oh well, I have a cold now to show for it.

That said, it was nice to be at a place where people came up to me (instead of having to always hunt them down to plan something, if I wanted any activity to occur at all). Suffice it to say that even though I am tired and very busy, I greatly appreciated the feast. The feast this year was even quite excellent as for spiritual food. Though many of the sermons were unconventional, to say the least, there was some excellent meat to be gleaned from many of them (I must single out Mr. Thompson for two particularly fine sermons and a great Bible study, as well as one really good message from Mr. Epps). As it stands, I have a sermonette to be writing right now, so I will bid adieu for today, and not leave this journal on the rather grim note of my last entry.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

Ah, the joys of advertising.

Brett said...

Can't you delete those?

Nathan said...

I just deleted five of them. We'll see how long it takes for blogger to recognize my deletions....

Richard said...

Am curious as to how the Feast sermons were "unconventional."

I'll just guess -- singing and dancing? :-->

Nathan said...

No, singing and dancing were not involved in the messages. However, the messages seemed to focus more on present troubles than they did on the Millennium. Quite frankly, I prefer it when they focus on the Millennium. It's easy enough to focus on the present troubles.

Nathan said...

Yes, all is going well. It was nice to see you at Wildwood this year, Joe.