Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Updates on activity/Call for papers...

Okay, this post is divided into two parts. The first is an update on the activity in my life. Since my last entry where I commented on how busy I was, I have since begun work (today, my shift for right now is 9AM-6PM), and I have added another activity to the list. On June 11th (Pentecost Eve) I will be attending the annual Tampa Bay choir appreciation dinner hosted by Mr. and Mrs. Treybig at their place (now, if only I could remember how to get there, I know it's over near where I work somewhere on the West side of Tampa).

The second update is on my future writing projects. I finished "Servants, Leaders, and the Class System of the Church of God" a couple of days ago, and since a few friends asked to read it, I sent it to them. The rest can read my other blog (www.livejournal.com/users/nathanalbright) in order to see an outline of it. I needn't duplicate the post here. The next paper I will try to work on is a paper on Deuteronomy 17, to go along with the one I am slowly writing on Romans 13 (as both passages are truly companion chapters on the limitations of rulership, a subject of major interest to me). If anyone has written their thoughts on Deuteronomy 17 before, feel free to send them my way. I have an idea of what I want to write, but it's always interesting to see what others think about this momentous text, which demonstrates beyond the shadow of a doubt that absolutism is bibically impermissible as a form of government. So, before I become too remiss in my updating of this blog, I beg my rest for today. Life is too busy for me to write as much as I would otherwise...

2 comments:

Richard said...

A choir appreciation dinner hosted by the Pastor, eh? Wow -- for years in Atlanta, we did well to have a potluck social once a year.

Nathan said...

It is very nice, and not something I'm used to...our pastor actually sings tenor in our choir, and the pastor's wife plays the piano for us...so they're involved to a good degree. I'm personally not used to a lot of choir appreciation events. There was one at ABC last year, but I was out of town and unable to go (it was over 4th of July weekend, when I was in New England).