Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Commentary on Ladies' Night

Okay, I'm going to my speaker's club ladies night with my dear cousin Amber. If I had a digital camera, I'd take pics, but you'll probably have to be satisfied with my writing about it. Oh, I didn't mention earlier, when I was talking about how busy I'd be this month, but June 18th is the day of my next sermonette as well, which will be on "The Faith of Barak." For those of you who don't know who Barak is, check Judges 4 and 5 for a refresher. I don't know if anyone else takes their relatives to ladies' night for Speaker's Club, but it was an idea of my mom's, and a good one. Let's just say I don't want to be hearing about this for the next few months/years. People in Tampa have long memories, sometimes almost as long as mine. As for my cousin, she'll probably be angling for a few names/phone numbers/etc. And I can think of a few young members of the Speaker's Club who will be looking for hers. Just none of those scary middled aged people, alright. I'll have to break your knees if you try. So, it looks like the cheesecake is set, and everything is else is going well as well, and it's not even June yet. I like planning. Tomorrow my father turns 59 years of age. I'll give him a call in the early evening/late afternoon, when he's still awake and hopefully not out at the barn. (For those who don't know, my father's family is a farming family in Western Pennsylvania.) So, that's my update for today. From the looks of it, most of the people who look at my blogger comments are only interested in my more political rants. Too bad. :-p...

No comments: