Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Grad School Planning

How strange it is, that as soon as I finish with one academic endeavor that I immediately begin work on the next. I suppose some of us are well suited, if belatedly, for permanent academic study. Not that this sort of thing bothers me--if anyone knew what books I tend to read as a regular basis they would rightly assume that my interests are very scholarly, perhaps too much so. I am reminded of the comment in Acts said to Paul, "Much studying has made you mad." I'm trying to work out my grad school plans right now, though. Right now it looks like the contenders are down to the M.B.A., M.E.M. (or M.C.M.) and M.Geog. The reasons for the first two are that they relate very strongly to my field of Engineering, with a lot of potential for employer compensation for the work. The third is because I happen to know, and been one of the best students, of the chair of the department of Geography at USF. Never underestimate good connections. We'll see how that progresses.

No comments: